Hi,

I have 95 contacts in my google contacts but when I sync it with android(Kitkat) in my phone, only 65 contacts show up.Why not all contacts shows up on my device. Also I had created a backup of contacts (around 100 contacts) in vcf file in my internal and external storage both and under phone contacts when i import the vcf file, all contacts gets imported, but after some time it gets reduced to 70 contacts automatically. Nothing is working, neither sync nor import. I am unable to access all my contacts from either way. Please help as I tried various things mentioned in other thread like deleting google contacts data, sync on and off e.t.c. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    07-17-2015 01:37 AM
    Make sure you're looking at "All" contacts, not "Phone" contacts. Google contacts and Phone contacts are separate lists.

(If you have any Phone contacts, export them, then import that file to your Google account [in the phone]. Then you can go to Google Contacts [the web page] to eliminate duplicates.)

Phone contacts were useful for phones that didn't have SIM cards, back before the days of cloud storage. SIM cards were for phones that had them. They're both outmoded ways to keep your contacts. (Google contacts will survive a new phone, your phone getting run over, being dropped in the ocean - anything but Google's servers AND their backups being destroyed.)
    Crashdamage likes this.
    07-30-2015 05:11 PM