I have had the Note 4 since it came out. I immediately realized while texting that I can hold down a letter, and the non-character symbol designated for that letter would type instead. However, suddenly last night, I held Z to get a hyphen and it offered me 3 forms of Z and a hyphen. Now, I would be okay with this if I just had to tap the desired character and that was all, but I can't do that. I have to hit the back button to get that extra characters off the screen, which is insanely annoying because I am a fast typer, and that slows me down.

I haven't messed with any keyboard settings since I got them as I desired them, when I bought the phone. The only setting, at all, that I have changed in the last 3 months is switching my lock screen from a pattern to a thumb print swipe.

Has this happened to anyone else? How did you get rid of it? I just want to hold the letter and have that type the designated non-character symbol, without all the extra accent letters.
    07-17-2015 11:06 AM
    It is showing you the other options for the keyboard. It is the same as if you hit the button at the bottom left to get symbols / numbers .. except they make it so you can hold down on that key to get it. This prevent you from having to go back and forth.
    07-17-2015 11:23 AM