What new Android phone should I get?

A

AC Question

It's either the S6, or the Nexus 6 for my next phone...

I'm wondering what I should get. I love everything about the Galaxy S6, except Touchwiz. If it ran stock Android or CM12, I'd love the S6 even more. As for the Nexus 6, I love that it has stock Android, but it's a little too big, the battery isn't that great (any comments on the battery life of the Nexus 6?), and the camera is just.. meh. I'm wondering if there is a way to get close to stock Android on the S6 outside of a launcher or lock screen? Can any of you let me know? I mean by way of flashing a ROM or rooting or something similar. If not, I guess I'll have to settle for the Google Now launcher and the Material theme if I go with the S6.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
IMHO get the Nexus 6, especially if you're on T-Mobile. My wife has had hers since they came out and it gets heavy use.

Battery holds up well. It's the first phone she's been able to get through a typical day without having to plug in for a boost.

Camera is not great in low light, but with decent light conditions she's been taking some really good quality photos. Overall, I'd say the camera is above average but not great.

T-Mobile's WiFi calling works perfectly and is a terrific feature.

Phone is stock, unrooted, using Nova Launcher. She loves it and if anything happened to it would replace it with another.

My son in law had a S6 for a bit. Nice hardware, but very buggy software. Lotsa worthless bloatware, from Samsung, not T-Mobile. He said Touchwizz is still a royal pita. He traded it back in for a Sony Z3 and is much happier. He really liked the Nexus 6 but just couldn't deal with the size. On the other hand, my wife thinks all that screen is great.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome