Unable to forward sms message samsung

A

AC Question

Hi, I received an sms from my friend but only downloaded as 67kb, I tried forwarding the sms message to another phone. But encountered a problem, saying "file too big, select different media" I want to be able to download this file at the original size, in the mb range, I have Samsung Galaxy, please tell me how I can sort this?

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Greetings and welcome to Android Central!

Just curious to know if the SMS is or contains a picture or video? Also, are you using the stock (pre-installed messaging app)? If so then there's a size limit when sending videos via text messages. For some it's easier to send via email. There's also apps available that may possibly accommodate the large video file that one may wish to send such as Dropbox. If you don't have that, try perusing Google Play and try searching for "sending large video app" and it'll display quite a selection. But please read each description carefully first.

Hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy! :cool:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
MMS is limited to 1MB, so if the file is larger you CAN'T use SMS to send it. Use email up to 25MB, use a file sharing site for larger files than that. (If it was sent from an iPhone, the 1MB limit doesn't apply to sending it, but you can't receive it.)