Is my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini dead or is it my battery?

A

AC Question

Hello, as I stated in the question, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and it was acting up lately...the screen was locked, then all of a sudden it got lit by itself. After some weeks after this, my phone just turned off and since then I couldn't turn it on. I took out the battery, put it again and the screen turned on for like 3 seconds, then it turned off again. Now it won't even do that, I plugged the charger and it showed the "charging battery" icon for 2 seconds and then it turned off again. I took out the battery and plugged the charger to the phone but it didn't turn on by any means...so I'm a bit worried that my phone might be dead. Do you guys have any ideas? Thank you in advance.

CVPONE VII

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've heard that if batteries are left uncharged for long enough, they get completely dead and empty of juice, so leave it on the charger for a few hours and see if that works.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not just a few hours - at least overnight. I usually leave batteries like that on charge for 24 hours or more. If the phone doesn't do a precharge, and the battery is totally flat, you may have to buy a universal charger (they're under $10 at Amazon) - they precharge, so you can get the battery up to a few percent, then either let it finish charging or put back in the phone to charge it faster.