Why can't set my lockscreen security to anything other than swipe?

9neak

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
When I set my lockscreen security to fingerscan, pin, pattern, or password it never actually applies and stays as the default swipe I'm the end. The only time I've ever unlocked my phone with something other than swipe was the 1st unlock after rebooting the phone. I own a galaxy s6 by the way.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, welcome to the forums! Have you installed any third party app with a lock screen option? Just in case check in your security settings what is listed under device administrators.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok. If the lock method works after rebooting your phone it means that it's being applied. You could try a couple of things to check why it stays unlocked.

In your lock settings make sure that "power button instantly locks" is switched on. Check if your phone locks after that. In the same section take a look at the "automatically locks" time settings. Set it to 30 seconds for now.

Also, check your smart lock options and see if you set something there that avoid your phone locking.

If nothing works you could try booting your phone in safe mode and see if that makes a difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca