OK, I really don't even know how to phrase the question right so I'll describe my situation and what I'm trying to accomplish.
    I don't get cell phone service at my desk at work (I'm not the only one.) We either have to go by the windows, or leave the office and go outside just to check up on any texts and whatever.
    I thought about buying an Android Wear watch that way I can leave my GS5 by the window and still be able to send/receive texts through the watch. There are 2 main reasons I don't want to do that: (1) today's selection of Android Wear watches aren't that capable and aren't worth the investment, and (2) I really don't feel like sitting at my desk and dictating to my watch what I wanna send to my friends.
    I have my old GS3 at home that I use on WiFi to play games, listen to Pandora, etc. Is there any way I can pair it to my current GS5 that way I can leave the GS5 by the window but still be able to use the cell phone service through the GS3 (text, instagram, etc)? Almost the same as using a tablet or a watch.
    07-20-2015 08:15 PM
    You can set up the s5 as a hotspot. Not sure about messages, it will depend on the carrier.
    07-20-2015 08:54 PM
    My GS5 is not rooted. I'd like for a way to pair it to my GS3 via Bluetooth and have all the capabilities from the GS5 (charging by the window) on my GS3 (on airplane mode but paired through bt.)
    07-20-2015 09:01 PM
    You'd have to find an app that's written to do that - it's not a native function in Android.
    07-20-2015 09:03 PM
    do you know of any app that can do that for me? like install it on both phones (or phone and tablet) and sync them? i'm sure someone can build such an app.
    07-21-2015 11:17 AM
    Maybe something can be done with IFTTT; it seems possible to create a rule that will send an SMS message when an event is triggered, so if you don't need too many numbers for this communication, that might work, with one rule per person. "Gmail label" is the best trigger I can think of, an IFTTT expert may have a better solution.
    07-21-2015 12:08 PM
    Have you checked at lifehacker.com if someone solved it there?
    07-21-2015 12:16 PM