Nexus 7 (2013) won't turn on?

A

AC Question

Some time around January-late February I dropped my Nexus 7 2nd gen from a 4-ft height onto a hardwood floor. The screen for some reason didn't crack, but the device powered off and refused to turn on, I gave up fixing it and put it away.

For some reason I decided to try to give fixing it another try today. I took the Nexus 7 out, and just unplugged the ribbons, unscrewed the back screws, essentially tore it down and put it back together.

Surprisingly, that worked. I plugged in my Nexus 7 into my charger and held down the power button for about 2 minutes, and the notification light blinked 5 times. A quick Google search told me that it was charging so that was relieving.

I came back 5 minutes later, and held down the power button for about 30 seconds, and this time it worked. Google logo came to the screen. And stood there for a bout 5 minutes. I decided to try to go into recovery mode as it clearly wasn't turning on, so I hard shut down the Nexus 7 holding the power button.

And now it no longer turns on. Held power button and volume, plugged in and not, connected to a computer. The lights don't even bother to blink.

What do you think is the issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Plug it into a wall outlet and leave it alone for at least 4-6 hours to allow the battery to charge up enough. Then try powering on again.