Why are my videos turning to bad quality and stretched in Facebook messenger on my S5?

David Rodman

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a S5 and my videos on my phone record in good quality. Even when sending them via email or Viber the quality stays the same. But when I upload them on messenger Facebook inbox the quality is very poor and the video turns sideways and stretches. Can anyone help me with this problem? Would it be my phone or facebook? Thanks in advance.

Ddowie

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have a S5 and my videos on my phone record in good quality. Even when sending them via email or Viber the quality stays the same. But when I upload them on messenger Facebook inbox the quality is very poor and the video turns sideways and stretches. Can anyone help me with this problem? Would it be my phone or facebook? Thanks in advance.

Same here on galaxy s7 edge. All other apps ok excep fb messenger. I have reported a bug. Hope someone reads it.

hayesmaker

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Same here on galaxy s7 edge. All other apps ok excep fb messenger. I have reported a bug. Hope someone reads it.

It's almost certainly facebook. I see the same on my Pixel C tablet, and Macbook Pro laptop. Could be that they're not handling the higher pixel density of these devices properly in their video code.

Google hangouts is much better.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc