Hi
    I'm my house I get very varied signal. If I stay in a no signal area for 5 minutes my phone enters emergency calls only. Then it will not reconnect until I turn off my phone and turn it back on again. Is there a way to let it reconnect again when I get signal and stop it sticking on emergency calls only. Even if I have full signal but it's stuck on emergency mode I cannot receive calls. It's a note 4. Thanks for you help.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-22-2015 05:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.
    Hello fellow android user.
    I think this is a carried-based issue or if it's the phone problem it has an antenna issue.
    First just telephone you carrier-tehnically support and describe them your problem
    I hope i helped you

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-22-2015 07:24 AM
    This happened to me today. I called customer service and they had me do the following which worked.
    1. Remove the memory card as you are about to lose all saved data.
    2. Turn phone off.
    3. Hold voice control button and power button together until phone turns on.

Your phone should be out of emergency call mode and you can reinsert the memory card.
    07-22-2015 11:07 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for not getting back sooner I've been busy with work. Today I will contact my service provider and see if I can get a signal booster. I imagine it will probably cost me.

I just was wondering if there was a setting somewhere that would enable a reconnect to the service when the phone finds signal again.

I usually have to turn my phone off and on and this works until I enter a no signal area again. Then it goes again.

Thanks
    07-26-2015 02:37 AM
    Ok so my service provider say they cannot help because it's a phone issue not a signal issue.

Does anyone know of a setting where it will stop my phone staying on "emergency calls only" even though I have signal again?

Thanks
    08-06-2015 08:33 AM