Uninstalling Apps

andreirad

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm a new Android user and I use a HTC One M8. I want to know if is possible to completely delete apps from the phone (example- slacker). I press uninstall but they are still in my google play store trying to update. Is there any way to totally remove unwanted apps?

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
System and carrier apps normally will not uninstall.
But if you did uninstall this app, than it should not be able to do anything else. Than again, I'm not familiar with HTC phones.
I'll ask other members that have experience with HTC.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm a new Android user and I use a HTC One M8. I want to know if is possible to completely delete apps from the phone (example- slacker). I press uninstall but they are still in my google play store trying to update. Is there any way to totally remove unwanted apps?

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
I'm not sure if it's pre-installed, but if it is, the best you can do is uninstall updates. All this does is revert to the version that it came with. If you disable it, then it won't show up in the Play Store, but that's not an option on sell pre-installed apps

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Most such apps can be disabled, which is almost the same as uninstalling.

Settings > Apps > Select app > Force stop > Clear cache > Clear data.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The fact that it shows "Installed" in the Play Store doesn't mean that it's still installed on your phone, it means that you once installed it from the Play Store. Even if you trash the phone and get a different phone, the app will still say "Installed", not "Install". (There's no room on the button to say "You once installed this app".)