Recover data from Galaxy Siii Neo: how to connect as USB storage?

A

AC Question

Hello forum,

I have tried different software for recovering the videos and files which were deleted accidentally from my wife's S3 neo device (all the photos and videos of the first year of our daughter's life; the wife is pretty upset...), but none seem to recognize the connected phone as a USB mass storage (this was tried on both windows 7 and 8.1), as the device could be connected ONLY as either MTP or PTP.

Goggling it I ended activating the "USB debugging" option, but it did not change anything. There were some advice regarding activating the "USB storage mode", but unfortunately it seems not to exist on Android 4.4.2. I would like to avoid installing new software on it, as it might lead to loss of data which otherwise could be recovered.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Best,
MN

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Even USB Storage mode didn't give you access to the parts of storage that you needed to recover deleted files by USB. If they're on internal storage, the only way to recover them is using a rooted app (and the phone has to be rooted), so you may lose a couple of them.

ALWAYS back up something as important as a child's first steps, first word, first year (and the first time she waves bye-bye getting on the school bus and your wife bawls like a newborn). There are loads of free cloud accounts - there's no reason everything important shouldn't be backed up twice.