My new galaxy s6 started constantly beeping yesterday and won't stop. Any suggestions?

A

AC Question

I have tried everything I can think of but I'm a new android user and don't know very much. The only way I can get it to stop is if I turn my sound off. It is a double beeping sound and it started yesterday afternoon. I have already googled my question but none of the suggestions I found fixed my problem. Help!!

nattiesama13

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I made an account here just to post because I think I found the solution! It must have been added or just turned on with the new update, but if you go to accessibility under personal in settings there's a section that says "more settings" and then it says "Notification Reminder." If it's not off, it's automatically set to remind you every minute if you have unseen notifications! I honestly don't know how I missed this. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

jasmine webb

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I have tried everything I can think of but I'm a new android user and don't know very much. The only way I can get it to stop is if I turn my sound off. It is a double beeping sound and it started yesterday afternoon. I have already googled my question but none of the suggestions I found fixed my problem. Help!!
In the settings go to NFC AND PAYMENTS then switch it off

Pynk Gyrl

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I made an account here just to post because I think I found the solution! It must have been added or just turned on with the new update, but if you go to accessibility under personal in settings there's a section that says "more settings" and then it says "Notification Reminder." If it's not off, it's automatically set to remind you every minute if you have unseen notifications! I honestly don't know how I missed this. Hope this helps!

You are a life saver. My s7 was driving me insane. Didn't know what was wrong. This fixed it.

Wole B

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site

Just kept rebooting the phone

Krystina Coates

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
Do you store a debit / credit card by your phone?

Hey, I do store a debit card next to my phone and I've had the same weird beeping issue on my Galaxy s7 happening the last couple of days! Could the card be contributing to it?

I had the same problem on my last phone which was an s6. It starts out of the blue and sometimes only beeps once or twice but sometimes goes on and on and on until I have to just put my phone on silent cause it's the only thing that stopped it >:[ !

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
The reminder would be the main culprit, however the credit card thing is a valid point also. If you have the NFC on, and a credit card near the back of the phone, the device may try to read the card like making a payment etc... That could end badly!

Denverlen

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Hey, I do store a debit card next to my phone and I've had the same weird beeping issue on my Galaxy s7 happening the last couple of days! Could the card be contributing to it?

I had the same problem on my last phone which was an s6. It starts out of the blue and sometimes only beeps once or twice but sometimes goes on and on and on until I have to just put my phone on silent cause it's the only thing that stopped it >:[ !

Krystina, do you have Transparent Clock & Weather installed? I have had an annoying two tone sound going on for a couple of years now across multiple phones. I finally found the solution tonight. In the notification settings of Transparent Clock & Weather, I unchecked the "Location changes" option and it worked! I can finally have my phone volume turned up without a constant marimba tone playing every couple of minutes!

Micheche

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
Am so happy!!! My phone Galaxy S6 has been beeping for 2yrs+ consistently. Today after reading the response on this forum, I first tried the settings - accessibility, it didn't work. Then i saw another comment saying we should turn of NFC which i did and it just stopped immediately. Thanks alot guys. I have to create an account just to show my appreciation. I have missed lots of important calls and shift calls all because my phone has been on silent for 2years. Thanks alot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac