What should I update my Nexus 7 2012 to?

A

AC Question

A long time ago shortly after I bought my N7 2012, I rooted it and disabled OTA updates because they were annoying me. My current android version is 4.1.1

So I've done a couple hours of reading and there are enough people saying they don't like the performance they are getting on the latest Lollipop to worry me. I even see people saying versions before that weren't good for them, so its difficult to figure out what to update to.

I want to update without doing a factory reset if I can. Performance is currently fine, but I feel like I should be using a newer version than the one I bought it with lol.

Should I just re-enable OTA updates or should I update manually and what version is considered the latest and greatest "solid" version for my N7 2012?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
A long time ago shortly after I bought my N7 2012, I rooted it and disabled OTA updates because they were annoying me. My current android version is 4.1.1

So I've done a couple hours of reading and there are enough people saying they don't like the performance they are getting on the latest Lollipop to worry me. I even see people saying versions before that weren't good for them, so its difficult to figure out what to update to.

I want to update without doing a factory reset if I can. Performance is currently fine, but I feel like I should be using a newer version than the one I bought it with lol.

Should I just re-enable OTA updates or should I update manually and what version is considered the latest and greatest "solid" version for my N7 2012?
If you rooted, you'll need to unroot in order to install any OTA updates.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk