Why does my S6 media volume sound distorted?

A

AC Question

So far this is the 3rd or 4th time this happens to me. Whenever I connect certain headphones or Bluetooth headphone, the media audio sounds distorted. For example, I connect my Audio Techica ATH-M50x to my Galaxy S6 and the audio from any media sounds distorted, the same goes for string apps too like YouTube, Netflix, Pandora, etc. Is this a glitch or is the ringtone/notification tone interfering with the media audio? Please help, thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be a number of things with wired headphones - impedance mismatch, usually. With Bluetooth, I'd suspect that you have the media volume all the way up, are playing loud sources and the audio amplifier in the phone can't handle that much signal. Does the distortion go away if you lower the volume?

Bryant Gutierrez

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm the one that posted this with no account. No, the distortion doesn't go away. I've lowered the volume on the headset like you mentioned and still the distortion is really noticeable. With wired headphones I bought a new pair and the distortion is still noticeable as well. I resorted to Factory Resetting my phone and it worked for a little bit. The same day I reset the phone, it will occur again. The distortion would just return.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech