Hi everyone

For roughly two months I've been unable to place our receive calls under certain circumstances.

One such circumstance happens to be that I can't place/receive calls while within a half square mile of my house. So, I'm unable to use my phone for calls when I'm home.

I don't know specifically what triggers the problem, but in some locations (my workplace for example) phone app functions fine, while in other areas it doesn't

Note that everything else works as normal. I have data connectivity ota, I can send/receive text messages, everything is fine. Just can't call. Also, my wife is on the same AT&T service and has no issues at all with her iPhone.

I have gone back and forth between AT&T and Google Nexus support, and while everyone has been helpful, the issue persists. I've tried a new sim, done safe mode, etc. I've installed several signal diagnostic apps, none of which are saying I have an issue (or if they are, I don't recognize the terminology).

I have bars, it says LTE, all looks to be normal. Everything appears fine. But when I place a call, there is dead air for about 30 seconds, then a message stating 'no cellular network' appears. And if someone tried calling me, they go directly to my voicemail.

I don't know enough about cellular networks to speculate, but I'm willing to dig it someone can point me in the right direction. I have done everything I can think of short of going back to school for an EE degree.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-26-2015 05:07 PM
    Did you try downloading Groove Ip

Mountain Dew And Doritos=Mlg
    07-26-2015 05:29 PM
    Hadn't heard of it until reading your post. I'm looking into it now, can't tell if it uses cell networks or not.

I'd prefer to find the root cause of course but if that app can get my phone at least working, that would be great for the time being.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-26-2015 05:52 PM