When attending church, my phone automatically connects to the church's public WiFi. The church monitors the Internet usage to make sure that people aren't accessing inappropriate sites when using its WiFi service. My question is that when notifications show up, like from my Twitter app, when using the WiFi, would the church's WiFi service monitor those notifications my phone receives or only the direct access to the Internet? Would the cable company see my Twitter account information?

If anyone can answer this for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    07-26-2015 05:40 PM
    The cable company would probably be able to check your tweets if they really wanted to, but unless you're tweeting bad stuff it's probably NOT going to happen. Same with your church - chances are they've got certain sites blocked and a filter set up to allow only "PG" rated stuff though their network and just blocks access to anything above that. Again, unless you're trying to access or tweet about this stuff while you're at church, I highly doubt they're gonna bother reading everyone's tweets. (Of course, if the pastor's sermon is really dry and boring, the techs could be bored and then all bets might be off. J/K!!)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-26-2015 06:43 PM