Clean master is an app which has got too high ratings and downloads on google play.. So, i think it is a good app .. But when I google it.. There are many bad reviews there.. So I'm little confused to install it or not. I'm using moto e2.
    07-26-2015 06:23 PM
    Task killers are not needed and shouldn't be used you can easily if need be close out apps. As for anti-virus, I personally don't use them on my phone and haven't seen a need yet. If you think it will serve some good, give it a try with and without, I think you will find the without just as successful as the with. Android shuts down apps when it needs RAM so you don't have to.

You can use something like GSAM Battery to see what is using the battery and manage power use or Greenify.
    Crashdamage and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-26-2015 07:56 PM
    Please, DO NOT install Clean Master or anything else by Cheetah Mobile! To understand why, check out the information in these threads:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=4435166

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=4529830

Raptor007 is absolutely correct. Don't use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, etc. They are counterproductive, waste power, disrupt system processes and degrade performance.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.
    Laura Knotek and tube517 like this.
    07-26-2015 08:23 PM
    Can't see any need for any battery app in Moto E 2015 ! More than enough info/detail in Settings, and use of battery is superb......
    I used CCleaner for Android from when it became available ( at that time I had a Galaxy).....it's proved to be invaluable on my Moto too.....System info is available in the app and other features/functionality....it's excellent and isn't as "pushy" as other apps of the same ilk.....and ad free !!
    07-26-2015 09:29 PM
    Sorry to disagree, but CCleaner is not a really good cleaner app. It is not needed either. Cleaners are rarely, if ever, really needed.

Don't clear caches unless you're having a specific problem that is cache-related. Cache files are there to speed up operation and best performance is usually achieved by just leaving cache files alone to do their job.

I never give cache files a thought. Don't worry about any of this stuff.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    tube517 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-26-2015 10:15 PM
    That's your prerogative....my phone's running smooth enough tho'......sorted loads of little glitches before they've escalated.

Regards.......
    07-26-2015 10:34 PM
    Crash speaks the truth. Those cheetah apps are bad news. Your prerogative to use them but in the long run they are not recommended. Stay away from them. Bad bad news

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Laura Knotek and Crashdamage like this.
    07-26-2015 10:52 PM
    Task killers are not needed and shouldn't be used you can easily if need be close out apps. As for anti-virus, I personally don't use them on my phone and haven't seen a need yet. If you think it will serve some good, give it a try with and without, I think you will find the without just as successful as the with. Android shuts down apps when it needs RAM so you don't have to.

You can use something like GSAM Battery to see what is using the battery and manage power use or Greenify.
    But Gionee S5.1 provide a memory boost option in quick settings of notification bar and provide quick charge option in which phone kills apps to boost charge. So, Gionee developers are damaging their phones.
    07-28-2015 01:42 AM