Is there any way to save my galaxy s5 from possible water damage?

A

AC Question

Today I was out swimming with my pal and we decided to test out my phones water-permeability. That turned out to be a huge mistake. We were taking pictures when my phone shut itself off, and then restarted itself. It entered this cycle of restarting itself where it didn't get past the first screen before it restarted again. This happened a few times before shutting off for good. I tried taking out the battery, putting it back in, and then booting the phone back up, but that just launched the phone back into the restarting cycle. Once more, I took out the battery, put it back in, and attempted to turn on the phone, but nothing happened. Later, I tried to reboot my phone by taking out the battery and plugging it in. Nothing happened. I took out the sim card and switched it with the one from my sisters old gs3. Briefly, the phone turned on and made it a little past the first screen before turning back off again.
I have no clue what more I should be doing, or could be trying. At the moment, I left my phone in rice, hoping it might absorb any moisture. If anyone could provide any advice, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you have done what you can do so far. The S5 I believe is water resistant up to a certain point but definitely not water proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy