By all indications my Note 3 is authentic, but two things worry me that it's fake. Please help!

A

AC Question

Hi All,

I recently picked up a black Galaxy Note 3 off of eBay. it was listed as a new, unlocked ATT, model SM-900A and the seller's feedback was perfect.

It arrived quickly, and while the box was open, all the contents looked to be in perfect condition and still wrapped in plastic, etc. By almost all appearances it seems legit, except for two things that worry me:

1. The back cover doesn't have the grippy faux-leather feel. it's basically molded plastic, matte finish, with some texturing, but nothing remotely "leathery". My wife has a Note 3 and her back cover is definitely different (has the grippy feel).

2. The serial number in the software doesn't match the serial number on the sticker inside the battery housing. However, the IMEI numbers match.

Aside from those two details, everything else seems to be authentic. Here's what I've checked so far:

* The IMEI number checks out

* The phone is recognized by Samsung Kies software

* The phone is recognized as authentic by the "Genuine Galaxy - Phone Info" app in the play store. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xihuanat.truth)

* The phone seems to check out as authentic using the "Phone INFO ★Samsung★" app in the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo): Not refurbished, made in Korea, etc.

* The AnTuTu Benchmark app scores it around 44000, which I think is in line with other users with authentic Note 3 phones.

* The screen appears to be made of glass and shows no ghosting, fading or discoloration if I press hard on it with my finger.

* The S-Pen works, is clickable, has the grey button and the S-Pen menu is in the settings. It looks completely identical to my wife's Note 3 S-Pen.

* The phone boots to Samsung logo, then ATT logo. It doesn't boot to Android logo.

* Samsung and ATT apps are installed on it.

*Boot time when turning my phone and my wife's phone on at the same time is about equal.

So far, it seems that the phone should be authentic, but the case backing and serial number discrepancy bugs me. Is there a logical reason for this? Anything else I can do to verify the authenticity of my phone?

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet