1. AC Question's Avatar
    I immediately put the. Battery and phone in rice. It powers on but I cannot make the screen respond to touch.
    07-28-2015 11:49 AM
  2. RootedApp's Avatar
    Does display anything?
    If it does display nothing the screen may have been damaged.
    If it displays things and the touch is unresponsive then the touch may be damaged.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    07-28-2015 12:10 PM
  3. anon8380037's Avatar
    This was written for you in expectation :

    [GUIDE] Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!

    Sony about your bad luck.
    I hope you gave it a few days to dry.

    Take the battery out again.

    Still may be worth a few alcoholic baths. (The device, not you ... although...)

    Ask the author and site ambassador Rukbat for extra advice in the thread above.
    07-28-2015 12:37 PM
  4. Rukbat's Avatar
    Not much to add. Letting the phone dry out concentrated the contaminants, causing a lot more damage than when they're wet. Putting the battery in a wet phone electrocutes it.

    If you're very lucky, soaking the phone in alcohol - but for about 30 minutes each bath, to dissolve the contaminants, swishing it every 5 minutes or so - may give you a working phone.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    07-28-2015 02:27 PM

Similar Threads

  1. How to do a factory reset on a Zeepad 7DRK?
    By AC Question in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 12:21 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2015, 03:34 PM
  3. phone charge
    By Jason Brubaker in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2015, 03:06 PM
  4. How do I root my S4 Active?
    By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2015, 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD