I let my son play games on my phone this morning and now I have a widebrow hijack message on my screen. I can reboot phone and access the internet but eventually the block screen comes up again. I tried running the Avast mobile security on my phone but no help. I tried deleting some apps and a system update but now I have these big tiles on my home screen that I didn't have prior to the system update. Any suggestions on getting rid of this virus is greatly appreciated.
    07-28-2015 02:17 PM
    I have the same issue and need an answer as well. Thank you
    07-28-2015 02:51 PM
    How did you get this?

Id hazard a guess that a factory restore is the best option.
    07-28-2015 02:57 PM
    Factory restore won't remove a virus installed as a system app - the virus writers are ahead of you.

Try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. If that doesn't work, a ROM reflash may be necessary.
    07-28-2015 04:10 PM
    I got this today and got rid of it today. Go to your application manager find what ever browser you have the issue with, then clear data clear cache, and force stop/close the app. Then Restart the browser and all should be well. I also removed any app defaults but I don't think it is necessary... You will lose all browsing history and book marks doing this though! But get your browser back.
    07-30-2015 07:37 PM
    Step 1: go to your apps
    Step 2: application manager
    Step 3: go over to all apps
    Step 4: scroll down to whichever app goes to the page you can't get out of it may be Google chrome it may be internet (it was Internet on mine) click on it.
    Step 5: force stop, then clear data and clear cache.
    SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO AFTER THAT!!!!
    07-31-2015 10:40 AM
    This remedy worked for me. I almost fell for the $250 PayPal charge it was requesting as I was down 2 days!
    Thanks for the info!
    08-01-2015 10:26 AM
    I have done everything you suggested and it is still there. I can't get to Malwarebytes (I have a paid subscription but it didn't stop this) to run an independent sweep because even though it is installed, it no longer shows up in my Apps on screen. All I wanted was to go to sleep and this has happened! Can someone suggest something else I can try. I have forced Chrome to stop numerous times and cleared the data and it immediately pops up again. It is the Internet icon that is brings up Google/Chrome. Have cleared EVERY application and it is still there. Thank you so much.:-
    04-09-2016 07:03 PM