Brightness slider doesn't change brightness on Samsung Galaxy Core Prime after new update?

A

AC Question

I've recently updated my samsung galaxy to the latest version available. This was because I kept getting a notification telling me to update. As of now, I'm unable to change my brightness by using the slider and also unable to change my brightness by going into my display settings on my phone. Tried clearing cache which did actually speed up my phone and went into recovery mode and wiped cache also. My android version is 5.0.2

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is "Automatic" checked? If it is, you don't have manual brightness control.

If not, bring the phone to your carrier and ask them to please fix what their update broke.

Dis one

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with the brightness ... slider won't adjust brightness. It's important to be able to adjust the brightness, because a high value upsets my eyes and slightly alters the device's autonomy.

Hope someone comes up with a fix for this.

Ohmlaash

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I've just bought a Core Prime today, updated it to lollipop 5.02 and the brightness slider won't work since. So I have the same issue. Any solution yet?

SOLUTION: Factory reset, now it works like a charm.

Last edited:

maavcrusoe

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem after update to lollipop the britghtness control dosn't works :S and I try to download one app to control the brightness and the britghtness control works again, i think when I've update the device some one was corrupt... and when I install an app to control the bright repair the file and works again :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome