I'm a teenager on a tight budget for an android smartphone. And unlike many teens, I'm not spoiled with free expensive gifts like Ipod touch's or phones. I collect and save my money wisely. Size of the phone isn't a super big deal, I could have a 5"-5.5" phone. I'm in the US so I'd use a US GSM carrier like T-Mobile. Here are the options I have found, but tell me if you have any other ideas.

- Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3 (5.5"). I heard the screen and performance was good, but camera so-so (worse than zenfone 2). Costs about $250.

- Zenfone 2 (2 GB RAM, 16 GB version). Great bargain for $200. Only cons might be bloatware and the dim screen.

- LG G2. It's old, but it has a SD 800, 2 GB RAM, 5.2" IPS LCD, excellent battery and good camera from what I've heard. I've seen it on ebay for as little as $185.

- The Moto G 3rd gen. On paper, it is the weakest of the phones I've mentioned, but supposedly it's pure android OS makes it run real smooth. The 16 GB version also has 2 GB RAM which is a big plus. But sadly it only has a SD 410 1.4 Ghz. The waterproofing and guaranteed updates are also a plus.

However, I'm not super bent on software updates, I'm more concerned about a good phone with good camera, battery, and performance that will last a couple of years.
    If I were to up my budget to $300, that would bring up the oneplus one and zenfone 2 (4 GB RAM version), but I really want to try to stay under $250 or less.
    Any advice?
    07-28-2015 08:25 PM
    I can recommend the G2 and Idol 3. Used the G2 as my daily driver for ~18 months. It's still a really good phone with great battery life, nice screen, convenient back buttons and solid overall performance.

I've had the Idol 3 for almost 2 weeks and have been pretty impressed. The screen looks great and is very bright, battery life is pretty good, front facing speakers are loud and clear and it runs near stock Android. Idol 3 also has FM radio and music sounds good without making any adjustments. Both have decent/good cameras that can take great pics under the right conditions.

Edit: The OnePlus One and mi 4i are also good options at $250.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk
    07-28-2015 08:38 PM
    Actually the LG G3 unlocked is only $199 at amazon.
    I suggest getting that which will work with Tmobile (check tmobile coverage for your area) and you can get a good deal via Solavei or Tmobile pay as you go , to keep you bill down (or some other low price/high benefit service that uses Tmobile network).
    Another option is the HUAWEI Chinese made phones. The P6 is nice and is only $159. YOu can get an extended warranty or just buy another one if it breaks... Amazon offers a good deal on extended warranty for it or you can probably use SquareTrade as well. Of course there is a high deductible which makes it worth it if it breaks soon, not so worth it if it breaks a year from now...
    07-28-2015 11:00 PM