Mirrorlink automatically connects on Samsung S6 Edge when plugging USB into car.

A

AC Question

Hi, I was wondering if you knew how to turn off Mirrorlink on my Samsung S6 Edge. Everytime I connect it to the car with a USB, Mirrorlink automatically turns on and even when I turn it off in settings, it automatically switches back on. Mirrorlink isn't working with my car (Subaru XV)and it just makes my phone screen lock (go black) and I'm trying to get Android Auto to work with it instead but having Mirrorlink keep turning on it stops me from being able to use Android Auto. I connect the USB to my phone and car and the phone only charges and then Mirrorlink comes on my phone and says it's connected but nothing comes up on the car and then my phone's screen goes black so I can't use anything and it won't connect. I would like to be able to disconnect Mirrorlink on my phone so I can use Android Auto, but as soon as I connect the cable it automatically connects to Mirrorlink, even if I turn it off in settings.

Thanks

Gregg Wynne

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting the exact same thing. Went into settings, more connections, turned on mirrorlink and still nothing, the mirrorlink screen on the car screen is still grey. Did you have any success?

JayJay2104

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with my suzuki and edge plus. All I get is a black screen that says your phone is now connected to your car via mirrorlink but the car doesn't acknowledge the phone! My mirrorlink setting is all greyed out and I can't turn it on or off?! Looking at the mirrorlink website it says for the edge plus you need the mirrorlink app but I have tried downloading a number of different apps and nothing works!

Has anybody been able to solve this issue?!

Thanks!!!

Jay

TAMISH-ZN

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
This needs a bump... its new technology in cars and must be explored!

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge and have the same problem with my Citroën C1 Airspace. I start of by switching on the mirror screen via the notification menu, connect the phone via USB to the head unit, then the phone goes blank and I select the mirror link icon on the head unit and shows the link is successful.

However, the screen has no icons at all other than the settings for brightness adjustment and to select if the screen should be "normal" or "stretched". I tap the home key on the phone and it shows that the phone is linked via mirrorlink. (decent graphic as well, not just plain text)

I tried all methods of plugging in the phone; before and after activating mirror link etc.

The Sygic navigation app is installed on my phone and updated, so I do have a mirrorlink app. That should at least be shown.

It looks like I have been somewhat more successful but stuck here. Any help?

Just btw, I still use my Galaxy S4 and tried linking that to absolutely no avail. I read on other forums that the S4 works on other head units but not on mine.

I also tried the original Galaxy P1000 Tab 1 and that too doesn't work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ch061441

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I can see at least the certified apps installed on my s6 edge.

But the automodus will not be showed.

I tried with Android Auto and this work, but the problem I think is following :

Check these, settings, other connection settings, mirrorlink
And you should have a list of certified mirrorlink apps installed on your phone and at least the Samsung phone app must be certified.

I don't have it

luna1229

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I have been looking for solutions to this for months. I have S7 and 2014 Civic and having the same issue. Here is what I found out.
- I have not found any workaround to this. Changing the USB setting on the phone does not work

- Called Verizon. They tried to help and asked me to change the USB setting on the phone. I thought it was working but it did not work. As soon as I got off from the phone with the Verizon, back to Mirrorlink. But if you are on the phone then plug the phone into the car, then Mirrorlink will not come on.

- Called Samsung.... Although this issue is all over the internet, they said that no one called them about this issue. I was on the phone with them for a half an hour, they could not help. They sent me to a local BestBuy where they have Samsung technicians. They told me that they will give me a ticket number and that I should give the ticket number to the technicians so I did not have to repeat myself. I went to best buy, went to Samsung booth. They have no idea how to even look up the "ticket number" . another 20 minutes went by them trying to figure out how to look up the ticket number. After 20 minutes, still had to repeat everything I said to the phone support. The technician looked at my phone for 5 minutes and decided that it was not their problem. It has something to do with my vehicle. She said that my vehicle is pushing the Mirrorlink to the phone. What a joke. I was very pissed and told her that "I am not leaving the place until this issued is solved' .

So I called Honda while I was there. Honda's response: not our problem, it is the Android problem. The operating system is pushing the software and you need to install Android Auto. I looked into Android Auto, 2014 Civic is not supported. After I spend so much time and effort, these people are just passing the buck to others. None of these people have any clue and they are just making things up to get you off the phone. The truth is "Mirrorlink" is tied to Samsung's Car Mode and none of these people are willing to take any responsibility for their products. The worse of all, the Samsung technician was so rude and condescending and while I was talking on the phone with Honda, she took her bag and left the building, leaving me there. Well, I just had to vent.

5nolans

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I read many threads on this issue with MirrorLink, the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and the 2014 Honda Civic. I too contacted Samsung USA via their public Facebook page. I too was redirected to the Private Message tech. However, I was not going to waste time with their suggestions and thought the issue through and ended up fixing it. I stopped using the car's USB port and instead, I use a USB Cig Lighter adapter to charge my phone. I realized that even with my phone functionally disabled while connected to the car's USB port, it wasn't really charging the phone either. That's when I tried using the usb cig lighter adapter (and my same USB cable). I think the issue is a combination of the car attempting to control the phone via Mirror Link and causing the phone to enter this mode. I can already do most of what I need using Bluetooth and really only need USB to charge the phone. It appears Mirror Link is supported on my 2014 Civic and on my S6 Edge, however, I don't think Android phones are supported by Honda when connecting to USB.

bl8zeone360

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I too had the same issue with my note 7 and my 2015 Honda civic. Go to settings, aplications, Hit menu icon and select show system applications. Then look for samsung mirror link select and disable it. Then you are all set issue solved.

Markfoo

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I have same problem too
Malaysia Samsung and Honda can not support and solution for this problem SO far
every staff said same thing repeat repeat repeat again
I have complain to Samsung too, but they nor response
why Samsung phone has Mirror link function?
does not matter
staff knowledge are very small and no good response and service
they like just sale off phone that all, never take care customer problem
SO i give up to fix mirror function with Honda HRV car
may be change Audio System to fix in other brand

basicbill1

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
This was frustrating to me also. I had used the USB port on my Honda HRV to charge previous phones with no problems. Then I plugged in my new Samsung S7 and the MirrorLink issue popped up.

I worked around it by installing a small data block USB adaptor between the port and my charging cable. There is no exchange of data so MirroLink doesn't come alive.

The blocker that I purchased from Amazon was this:
PortaPow Fast Charge + Data Block USB Adaptor with SmartCharge Chip http://a.co/2E99QQU
Solved the problem (Which really should be resolved by either Samsung or the auto manufacturer.) for $7.99.

Bill

Dad1969

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I recently upgraded my Note 5 to an S8+ and I think I finally have a solution for this.

1. Enable Developer Options on your Samsung phone.

2. Go into Settings > Apps > Settings (tap the 3 dots in the top right corner)

3. Tap "Show System Apps"

4. Scroll all the way down to Samsung MirrorLink and tap on it (Samsung MirrorLink meaning Samsung are ultimately behind this)

5. Tap Force Stop then tap Disable then continue to scroll down

6. Tap Notifications > On Lock Screen and turn OFF lock screen notifications. (Because MirrorLink should not be pushing me notifications when I don't want to use it, right?)

7. Continue scrolling down to the very bottom and under "Advanced" there should be one last setting to change, being "Apps that can change system settings".

8. Tap "Allow permission" then tap to turn OFF this setting and hopefully prevent MirrorLink from making any system changes, because it seems to me that allowing MirrorLink to make changes to system settings may allow it to turn itself on/enable itself.

cruzepr

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
Read all posts on this thread and followed all directions. Thanks to all but nothing worked to avoid the stupid and most intrusive Mirrorlink in my Honda HRV 2016 from activating my Galaxy S6. The only way I was able to go around this was to switch from the available USB media port in my car to the cigarette lighter with an USB adapter (power only, no data). Not the solution I was looking for but it did the job. Good luck.

Moresyd98

Jun 20, 2019
Visit site
Go into your Settings and into Apps. Then go to the 3 dots at the top of the screen and select Show System Apps. Scroll all the way down to Samsung Mirrorlink and hit the disable button. This worked for me so hopefully it works for you too:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles