Here's the issue.
    I went swimming (in the sea) with my phone (Sony Xperia Z1 Compact), which is stated by Sony themselves as waterproof. The phone turned off and never came back to life ever since. I'll be requesting refund/replacement, but here is the thing: in the user guide, its stated that the phone can be used either in fresh water (non saline) or in chlorinated swimming pool. Since I was swimming in the sea, in salty water, there are probably some salty marks left inside. During the examination in the repair center they will, most probably, notice that, thus --> declined refund.
    The back cover can't be easily removed. Even if I try - it will again be visible in the repair center and again same outcome - declined refund.

The question is - how can I remove the salt marks from the phone? Heard that some put the phone in a glass of 100% spirit and then let it dry for a day. Will that help? Nevermind the slight damage - the phone is already dead, I only need to hide the salt marks to get a refund ? So that it looks like I have done exactly as stated in the manual - covers closed, used only in fresh water, under minimal depth,

Thank you n advance!
    07-30-2015 05:36 AM
    1. disassemble the phone 2.take out the battery 3.pat the phone dry using a clean towel 4.put the phone in uncooked rice for a few hours(to absorb the rest of the water) 5.get a different battery (you shouldnt use the same one) 6.try it out hopefully this helps
    07-30-2015 06:12 AM