The instruction sheet with my new Android says to tap the Apps icon to open a browser. But I don't see that icon on the home screen. All I have is a red phone icon in the lower middle of the screen with the words "Emergency call, press and hold" next to it, and what looks like a camera on the lower right of the screen. At the top there's the time, something that shows the signal strength (5 bars) and what looks like a picture of a battery (I guess that's supposed to show how much it's charged). The rest of the screen is blank except for a background picture.
    07-30-2015 07:07 PM
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

That's probably the lock screen. Swipe across the centre to unlock.

You may have some widgets like weather and a Google search bar on a Homescreen, and you can slide apps you want on to a Homescreen from the App drawer (apps icons listed on screens).

If you find a bottom dock of main icons like Phone, Messaging, Contacts etc there will be an apps icon to switch from a homescreen to the apps drawer / list.
    You would find an Internet browser there you can slide to a Homescreen or the dock.
    If you have a Samsung it would be called Internet and maybe in a folder called Samsung or Galaxy Plus.
    Otherwise it's probably Google's browser called Chrome, which may be in the Google folder of icons.

Let us know what device you have if you have difficulty.
    07-30-2015 07:23 PM