It is the original screen that is broken and I was looking at some DIY videos but they seem to be replacing second screens. Is there a difference? and what is the cheapest way or the best option for me?
    07-31-2015 06:58 PM
    Have you contacted Samsung for a quote? Given that some people are successful, and some are not, you should weigh the cost should you not be successful doing it yourself. At least if Samsung (or one of their authorized repair facilities) messes up, they have to fix it until it's right.
    07-31-2015 11:25 PM
    I've actually repaired several s3s via glass only. If it works besides the crack or whatever damage it has definitely try to do glass only. If the display is blank/doesn't work at all you'll need a whole new LCD digitizer assembly. Hope this info helps.

Posted via Lg g3 Running Cyanidel Android 5.1.1
    07-31-2015 11:43 PM
    I wouldn't recommend that you try it yourself. The videos make it look simple (even the ones that say "this is the first time I'm doing this" - anyone who's repaired a few screens can see that it's not - they know what they're doing). It's going to be cheper to bring it to a reputable shop (or even your carrier's repair location) than to try to fix it yourself, break something else, fix that, etc., etc. (Fixing a broken digitizer takes experience - you have to get the glue under the glass just hot enough so the glass will come off without damaging the screen under it, but not hot enough to damage the screen from heat. Replacing the whole screen assembly costs more, but is easier - but still not easy.)
    08-01-2015 01:44 AM
    I wouldn't recommend that you try it yourself. The videos make it look simple (even the ones that say "this is the first time I'm doing this" - anyone who's repaired a few screens can see that it's not - they know what they're doing). It's going to be cheper to bring it to a reputable shop (or even your carrier's repair location) than to try to fix it yourself, break something else, fix that, etc., etc. (Fixing a broken digitizer takes experience - you have to get the glue under the glass just hot enough so the glass will come off without damaging the screen under it, but not hot enough to damage the screen from heat. Replacing the whole screen assembly costs more, but is easier - but still not easy.)
    I hate to disagree with you, but if you are patient and take your time its a fairly easy process. I repaired my first one without a hiccup just took several hours.

Posted via Lg g3 Running Cyanidel Android 5.1.1
    08-01-2015 11:52 PM