So my device (galaxy s4) was running out of storage and I saw something like 7 GB out of my 16 were being taken up by "miscellaneous files", one of which was snapchat. I did not think this would be linked to the snapchat folder in my photo gallery because there was a separate entry for "pictures and videos", however it did end up being the downloaded picture folder from snapchat and now all of my pictures and videos are gone. I know you can get software to recover the pictures, but I'm not sure if the software will work since the pictures lost are from an app not my photo gallery apparently. Also I dont even know how to check the cloud to see if I backed the file up so if you could tell me how to do that I would be very greatful.
    07-31-2015 10:36 PM
    Misc Files is the data the various apps use - including Snapchat. Clearing that out is like clearing data on the apps.

To recover deleted files you have to root the phone (you can't recover files unless the phone is rooted) and run an app like DiskDigger undelete (root) (photos are free, but you'll need the paid version for anything else).

As far as checking "the cloud", it's not one place. Google has Drive, Microsoft has DropBox, Mega has its server - you have to know where you would have backed them up in order to see if they're there. (Your entire phone could be on Drive, but you won't find anything on DropBox.)
    04-29-2016 05:50 PM