LG G4Phone space already full from purchasing a day ago!

A

AC Question

I literally bought the phone the other day and installed apps. For example, twitter, youtube, twitch, netflix, 360 security etc. I tried to update some apps but it said storage full! I was shocked as I just bought the frigging phone and downloaded apps. I have 8gb of storage (dno if thats a lot or not).

Now i went to storage, and found out that i have 434 mb space left! Thats nothing. The bar shows that a huge section is taken up my "miscellaneous", and within that 4.52gb is system data. What is that!? Is it the silly little apps that came with the phone, like the docs, slides, play newstand, play books etc? Another big section is taken up by apps, with facebook and google play services being the most, also sheets and slides being quite big in size too.

Extra:I have spotify, but out and about if theres no internet I use up lots of it if I listen to music so just wanted to download music and apply it the the phones default "music app". But I am gonig to add over 200 songs, and I will have NO space. Do I delete spotify if thats filling up my phone with the 200+ songs?

HELP! I need to know what to do. What to delete, what to keep, vital aps!? 360 security kinda helps with storage a bit. :((

Costa_P

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Oh so you can have a desktop on a phone....AWESOME!! This is so new to me. Navigating is easy haha, just go on google, click 3 dots and click where it says request desktop site. But I still dont understand what allowing desktop app does? Make things faster? Better looking? Is it just for google? Or does it explain everything in the "Getting started with android"??

Also thanks for posting the 2 links. I mean the 1st one is HUGE...literally soo many pages...do people actually read the whole thing? Would it help me a lot? And the 2nd link is just for looking up any words I am not sure about? I tried looking up what 'AC' means what thats android centre right?

Costa_P

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
That kinds of depends on the user. The ones I use the most would be: Google Now, Keep, PowerAmp, Tapatalk (for the forums), Android Central app (for news), some kind of file exploring app, like Solid Expolorer, 1Weather, Tasker, Chrome to Phone, and Pushbullet.

I will be sure to download some of those apps when I hopefully get more data (depending how much more £££ it is). I guess this is the official androidcentral app page listing the best apps? "...androidcentral.com/apps? Theres no "best apps for Uni students/teens/19+" are there haha? Silly question I know. Couldnt post link as It said I needed 10 posts or something :(

Viruses are very hard to get on Android. You probably won't need an anti virus app, but the ones i used to use are AVG and Avast.
hmmm I guess I can decide whether to have an antivirus app or not later on.

Meaning like you said further in your post...a computer desktop. For the most part I am basically saying stay away from RAM cleaners and speed boosting apps, as they are mostly garbage. Android likes having RAM full so that it can resume apps faster.

Also you mention that "Android likes having RAM full and processes cached. It makes for multitasking more power friendly on a mobile device." When I have more data it wont really matter but I read on forums that its good to delete apps cache?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You should only delete app cache if you are having an issue with the app itself. Bad loads, errors everywhere, etc...

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh so you can have a desktop on a phone....AWESOME!! This is so new to me. Navigating is easy haha, just go on google, click 3 dots and click where it says request desktop site. But I still dont understand what allowing desktop app does? Make things faster? Better looking? Is it just for google? Or does it explain everything in the "Getting started with android"??

Also thanks for posting the 2 links. I mean the 1st one is HUGE...literally soo many pages...do people actually read the whole thing? Would it help me a lot? And the 2nd link is just for looking up any words I am not sure about? I tried looking up what 'AC' means what thats android centre right?
The desktop site is the standard one as opposed to the mobile one. The page will look different, and sometimes easier to do certain things.

From my G4

Costa_P

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
The desktop site is the standard one as opposed to the mobile one. The page will look different, and sometimes easier to do certain things.

From my G4

Oh I thought you meant the android has an app where you can change it to a desktop haha. So the android centtal website (the one linked for me ti go on and read) would be different from computer to phone? I can still look up best apps fof android, any tips etc

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you're using a PC or laptop, the desktop site may be easier for you.
If you're using a phone, either the Android Central app, or the AC Forums app would be better. There are differences between the two....explore, enjoy. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87