The "Google Photos" application is installed on my Nexus 5 by default, but when I play videos is it, I can see severe lag. The framerate drops to 15-20. I installed MX Player, and it doesn't lag while playing the same videos, which means that my hardware is obviously capable of playing videos without lag, and the problem with "Google Photos" is caused by software. What should I do to get rid of the lag in the "Google Photos" video player?
    P.S. Both 1080p and 720p videos lag the same in "Google Photos".
    08-01-2015 11:09 AM
    The "Google Photos" application is installed on my Nexus 5 by default, but when I play videos is it, I can see severe lag. The framerate drops to 15-20. I installed MX Player, and it doesn't lag while playing the same videos, which means that my hardware is obviously capable of playing videos without lag, and the problem with "Google Photos" is caused by software. What should I do to get rid of the lag in the "Google Photos" video player?
    P.S. Both 1080p and 720p videos lag the same in "Google Photos".
    I have been encountering the same problem, frame drops to something like 1-5 fps and I noticed this'd maybe few months ago. I was really hoping Google would fix this but seeing how it still isn't fixed I was hoping to find some info online but it doesn't seem to be a very often reoccurring thing or people would be complaining about it a lot more.
    08-02-2015 09:55 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I stopped using the Google photos for playing video. That's suck... I hope someone will raise the glove already
    08-07-2015 03:41 AM
    I have the same problem for quite some time now. However I always just uninstalled the update and all was working smooth again. However today, there was an update and it said that you have to update or you can't use thw app anymore.. So back to lag.
    Any solution already? or what program are you using for photos and videos now, I would just like to have a simple gallery like it was before
    08-13-2015 10:12 PM