When I first bought my HTC Desire 820 G Dual SIM, I had no trouble connecting it with my computer. In fact it happened automatically. But recently I found out that when I connect the phone with the HTC usb cable (and I have tried other usb cables to make sure it's not an issue with the cable), there is no option to connect the phone's usb drive to the computer (I've swiped down the screen- the notification does not appear), the phone does not show up under 'MY COMPUTER' or 'THIS PC', although the phone battery is charged. I installed HTC Sync Manager on my laptop, but the software when launched says there's no HTC device connected(after I connect the phone).
    1.Phone is charging
    2.I have installed HTC Sync Manager,- no avail
    3.My laptop can connect with my phone via bluetooth
    4.I have tried different computers and different data cables to make sure that the problem is with the phone itself.

please help.
    08-02-2015 12:55 PM
    i am also facing the sam eproblem. i upgraded my phone to Marshmallow & it started giving same problem.
    07-04-2016 07:52 AM
    i am also facing the sam eproblem. i upgraded my phone to Marshmallow & it started giving same problem.
    Welcome to Android Central.

If you just cannot connect since Marshmallow, the connection defaults to Charging mode now. Pull down the notification shade and change USB Options to MTP or PTP.

http://m.androidcentral.com/inside-m...ection-options
    07-04-2016 08:16 AM
    Model =HTC Desire 820
    I am also facing same problem after updating to marshamallow. My USB option is disable so m unable to change toMTP OR PTP.
    10-18-2016 06:14 AM
    Try this:-
    Connect HTC Desire 820 to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
    2.On HTC Desire 820, unlock the screen if it's locked.
    3.On the pop-up message that asks whether to use USB for file transfers, tap Yes.
    If you don't see this message, slide the Notifications panel open, tap the Use USB for notification, and then tap File transfers.

You'll then see options for viewing or importing files on the computer screen.

4. Choose to view files.
    5. Copy the files from your computer to HTC Desire 820, or vice versa.
    6. After copying the files, disconnect HTC Desire 820 from the computer.
    10-18-2016 06:28 AM
    Usually the first step you should do is go to Device Manager, via the Control Panel, and click on Universal Serial Bus controller, you should see something there (a yellow icon). Just double click it and you will see a window. Try following the suggestion in that Window.

If that doesnt work shut down your computer, and unplug the PC from the power outlet, unplug the USB, and if you are on a laptop, removing the battery. Give it some time and then reconnect the power suppy, etc, and power up.

Hope this helps you!
    10-18-2016 07:11 AM