How to install 4.2.2 KitKat android on my Samsung Galaxy Trend?

A

AC Question

I want to try to install 4.2.2 KitKat android on Samsung Galaxy trend. I can't find where to download this android and how to install it. Can somebody help me?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello, welcome to Android Central!

I don't think KitKat 4.4.2 is available for the Trend. You can go into the software update of the system settings and see what is available. A quick look around indicates that the device may be on 4.2.x.

acme266

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I have saw in YT a video there is android 4.2.2 KitKat on Trend so mabye it's available. Paste this on YouTube **removed by moderator** and you will see that video.

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have saw in YT a video there is android 4.2.2 KitKat on Trend so mabye it's available. Paste this on YouTube "watch?v=HZPY_yuLaUE" and you will see that video.
Hello!

According to Samsung, the Trend is on Jellybean: Samsung Galaxy Trend , New Smartphone, Buy Galaxy Trend Price, Features – SAMSUNG India

KitKat is numbered Android 4.4.x. If you want the latest software available for the Trend I would suggest going into software update and see if one is available. You can also do this via Kies (download from Samsung's website and install on a Mac or PC).

If someone installed KitKat (4.4) then they likely did it with a custom ROM, which requires root and is a whole other process that may not be available for your model Trend. Is there any reason why you want to upgrade other than being on the latest OS?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! As discussed in this thread, there is no official KitKat firmware for your phone. You can see if it's possible to root the phone and if there's a custom KitKat ROM available for your specific phone by searching places like XDA-Developers.com.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan