Also, I get no notification of a new voice mail. They tell me it's the same thing with standard voice mail. So do I understand correctly that if wifi is turned on, and I miss a call, I will not receive notification that I have a voice mail? That's an issue! They also tell me this is not something that is going to change in the near future. Up until August 1st, 2015 this has not been a problem but since they've "updated software" it is now a big problem I'd say. Is there a work-around where I can be notified of voicemail??
    08-02-2015 02:38 PM
    That's some of the worst BS I've heard in a long time. Ya gotta give Verizon points for having a sense of humor.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.
    08-02-2015 05:03 PM
    Also, I get no notification of a new voice mail. They tell me it's the same thing with standard voice mail. So do I understand correctly that if wifi is turned on, and I miss a call, I will not receive notification that I have a voice mail? That's an issue! They also tell me this is not something that is going to change in the near future. Up until August 1st, 2015 this has not been a problem but since they've "updated software" it is now a big problem I'd say. Is there a work-around where I can be notified of voicemail??
    I found this via Verizon website:

"Can I access Visual Voicemail if I'm outside the data coverage area?"

"No, Visual Voice Mail isn't supported over Wi-Fi. If your mobile device can't send or receive data, you won't be able to receive your Visual Voice Mail messages. However, you can still retrieve your voice mail messages by calling:

• *86 from your mobile phone.

• Your mobile number from any phone:

a. When you hear your voice mail greeting, select # on your keypad.

b. Follow the prompts to enter your voice mail password and listen to your messages."

Makes no sense to me, either!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4
    08-02-2015 08:30 PM
    I have had the same issue for months. I get the notice there is a voice mail for me. But cannot access it. The work around I found was to turn Wifi off and then open the voicemail app. Presto I can now access it. Very bad service by big Rer for not fixing by now. They had no idea how to deal with it. And still don't. Hope this helps.
    12-29-2015 08:59 PM