"App has stopped working"

A

AC Question

I updated my phone (Galaxy S6) Running Android version 5.0. The problem i have is when i open up applications such as Snapchat, Twitter, etc and try to log in i get the error " unfortunately this application has stopped " is there a way to fix this. I have tried going to the settings clearing the cache to see if that helped no luck, then i tried uninstalling the application and no luck then i done a factory reset which i thought which may fix the problem but the error still occurs. I've never had this problem with any of the previous versions of AOS.

JFrenchy91

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
i can browse google chrome ok now but the main problems are when i open up my contacts, view them, i get the error after about 5-10 seconds, or even when contact isnt opened, strange. Trying to log into social media apps is a no go , once i hit login it stops. Android System Webview (version 44.0.2403.90) is installed. yes google now stock launcher after factory reset

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Lots of the reviewers of the app on Google Play seem to be reporting same or similar faults with the app since it's last update. It looks like it's a Snapchat problem.
Don't you think you ought have an A/V program ?

JFrenchy91

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
hi Ian it started working today for some strange reason, i left the mobile off for a day turned it on and i was able to log in. I dont want to log out and back in incase everything happens all over again. However when i turned on my phone a vertical pink line has now appeared, which is strange. The phone is a replacement, any idea what the pink line is ?

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
You seem to be lucky with the Snapchat problems.....does that mean all your social networking ills are resolved ? Another thread/user elsewhere on the forum reported having installed an earlier version of S/chat., but it hadn't corrected matters.
Can't think of anything to suggest....no idea what might cause the visual glitch.....I think maybe it might clear itself up with a reboot.....it may just be a temporary thing.

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Glad it's all working for you.
You did'n't answer re the A/V tho'.....just a thought: you might wanna take a look at it.....Dr Safety by Trend Micro available on Google Play. Will monitor Facebook and security/privacy scans....it can also be used to block calls. A miser as regards the phone's resources....it rarely shows up in the battery stats ! It's very easy to use.
Might be worth a read.....good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781