How do i find out if i'm sending my text messages in normal priority, or high priority?

Jjjjjjjjjjjjj

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
I know you used to be able to change message priority on the s8+ By pressing the three dots in the upper right hand corner, you could also schedule messages from the same three dots. Those options are not available on the s9+.. maybe they need to update?....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Type 911 at the start of the message. That's the old school way.

I'm sure Samsung doesn't have a magic way of making it send faster or forcing the recipient to read it immediately. And my god, if it caused my phone to nag me excessively because someone used "high priority" status I'd go to their house and give them a real emergency if they just wanted a quick reply to some routine BS.

I'm actually and quite honestly getting cheesed off about this now, thinking that some Samsung owners believe their drivel is higher priority than anyone else's drivel.

Swear by all that is good and holy, the communications age is a curse.

https://www.computerworld.com/artic...ce-s-new-right-to-disconnect-law-matters.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Whether Samsung ever had a "high priority" setting in their messaging app or not, there's nothing in the SMS protocol that it would affect, and carriers don't change the speed with which they send an SMS based on what Samsung says.

Email has priority settings, but that's a holdover from so long ago that you probably weren't even born then. The priority of an email message is ignored now, and has been for a long time.

If you want high priority, use a regular phone call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana