Why can I not reset the reset?

A

AC Question

Yesterday I tried texting and calling from my gs4, I never had a problem with my phone before. I received failed sent messages and some sort of ussd error when I tried using my phone trying to call T-Mobile to find out what is going on with my phone!?

So, I googled using my tablet and after reading half an hour about ussd blabla I decided to reset my phone. I went into the settings and reset the phone, the little green Android Boy came up and it had a service bar showing me that my files were being deleted. OK, so far so good, bear with me.

The phone restarted and it was working very very slowly. I tried connecting to my gmail but I was told my password was wrong. I log into my email every day and that was the right password. So, gmail decided to send me a security code to my phone that I cannot access because I cannot get out of the gmail or Samsung screen and when I try to skip both I somehow activated the phones voice system and it has been stuck on the Google sign in screen, literally saying "next London" every time I hit the next or skip key, on skip it says "skip London" what the ???? It sounds like a bad DJ when you hit next or skip over and over but nothing happens other than the sound, the screen stays put.

I tried resetting the phone, turning it off with pushing volume up, off and menu but the screen I am supposed to see to hard reset simply does not appear. I have spent 6 hrs today using every single samsung reset code several times today trying to fix this issue that I do not understand how it happened in the first place. I only use pictures, amazon and hearthstone and a bit of Google news, how is it that my phone quits on my like that?

I would love to fix my phone but I don't wanna deal with replacing my phone, can anyone here help me?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you aren't getting the text from Google I would ensure with T-Mobile your service is working. After that you can login to your Google account.

Usually when wiping the phone you have to login to the Google account that was on it previously to prevent theft.

OrganicRamen

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
The phone service is fine, I already checked that. You know how you go through the sign up marathon of settings on a new phone, well I am stuck on page 1 unable to get to the rest of my phone because the buttons do not respond. I am trying to reset it again but I seem to be unable to do that, that is where I hope someone here can help me out further.