Whenever I click on a small link, for instance on mobile Reddit, a useless magnifier window comes up that prevents me from clicking on the link I want to follow.

I've tried the Accessibility > Vision settings, but none of them seem to affect this feature.

Please help--it's very annoying and I don't want it!
    08-03-2015 11:53 PM
    That's called link preview and as far as I know can't be disabled in Chrome. It's triggered when the app isn't quite sure which link you tapped on, for example when two of them are together and you tap on the gap in the middle. To be more accurate and avoid that window you could try zooming the screen first and then tap on the link.
    08-04-2015 07:56 AM
    Long time necroing this a bit…
    The [redacted by Mod] feature discussed here is called, more precisely, “link disambiguation pop-ups”, and the fact that go@$%# is [language redacted by Mod] demonstrates how much they love don't [langauge redacted by Mod] about their customers…
    Overall Chrome is the #1 browser (I use beta), yet I'll continue [language redacted by Mod] it in my reviews because of this dis-feature and the lack of an (accesibility) option to disable the crap. Other browsers do not have this [language redacted by Mod] and they do much nicer overall, and particularly waaay better on those pages where this sheesly stuff continues to pop-up even after zooming in and making the link even larger than my whole finger. What a pesky crap… How do I turn off the single-click magnifier in Chrome?-roto2qtemeto.gif
    “God, I hope your collective [language redacted by Mod] wither and die on the vine.” John B.
    [link deleted] Indirect link reference for the sake of completeness: Gmail search "I could go on for 6 pages about how wrong the "New" interface is but quite frankly I have a life"

Android Chrome link disambiguation popups… an unbelievably freaking burden!

Goddamned link disambiguation pop-ups discussion

Cheers
    08-26-2016 07:46 PM