For the last few months I have been having a lot of problems with my Note 4 battery. It doesn't last more than 2 or 3 hours. I'm on the Sprint network. I have a new battery, and have scanned the phone with CCleaner, and 3 different anti-virus apps. They have not found anything wrong. The tech at Sprint told me I might have to do a factory reset. But I don't know this tech, he is new, so I don't know if he knows what he is talking about. I have stopped all of The running programs once, but of course they re started. I think I might have a memory leak somewhere because the main memory is low. The phone has a hard time downloading app updates and anything else I try to download. Everything has slowed way down. Thanks for any help/advice.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    08-05-2015 07:47 AM
    08-06-2015 02:38 AM
    There seems to be alot of problems with the Note 4 battery.. (including mine)... started shutting down at 30%.. then 40% .. now randomly shuts at 80 or 90%. Have tried altering all the settings... finger is pointing to the FAST CHARGE with these batteries. I have not yet confirmed if this is a inherent issue with fast charging.. I would suggest NOT fast charging your phone... and i would try deep discharge a few times .. i will be trying this myself. Hoping ofcourse the battery isn't already FUBAR'd.
    04-25-2016 11:48 PM
    That's odd. Did you get an original battery?

Mine still staying on at 9%..
    04-25-2016 11:58 PM
    Not sure what you mean by 'ordinary battery'. Its the battery that came with the Note 4 and fast charger rated at 3220maH with the NFC antenna built in. Part # EB-BN910BBE. The problems only started occuring after about 10months.
    04-26-2016 12:25 AM
    Here is an interesting observation... My battery today died at 80ish per cent. Put it on normal charge (not fast charge) ... unplugged and removed the batteryat 48% .. put it back in... turned it on and it.. now showing 98% ...
    04-26-2016 12:29 AM
    Is this the first time it's happened to a battery on this phone, or has it happened on previous batteries? The behavior you're describing sounds like a dendrite, which can cause sudden discharges that causes the battery to drain precipitously and shut the phone down. This kind of thing is irreversible. Roots of the Lithium Battery Problem: Berkeley Lab Researchers Find Dendrites Start Below the Surface | Berkeley Lab
    04-26-2016 03:47 PM
    When the phone "dies" at a good amount of battery capacity (nothing under 40% - you should NEVER discharge any lithium battery more than that), go to the battery graph,, tap on the graph and look at the second graph you'll get. Is there a sharp drop to 0? If there is, the battery is growing a dendrite, and there's nothing you can do but replace it. (See Lithium Battery Dendrite links.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-26-2016 04:10 PM
    That makes sense although one would expect excessive heat generation with dendrite discharge... also noting that removing the battery and re-inserting brought (android reporting) the charge back up to 98%. Replacement batteries with NFC (supposedly genuine from Australian source) are selling for A$20... at that price not worth fluffy around with a fix with the battery that came with the phone. Yes, this happened only with the battery that came with the phone there has been no replacements. Must look into the Dendrite causes.
    04-27-2016 09:32 AM
    That makes sense although one would expect excessive heat generation with dendrite discharge
    A thin dendrite burns out so fast there's not enough heat to raise the battery temperature.

Replacement batteries with NFC (supposedly genuine from Australian source) are selling for A$20... at that price not worth fluffy around with a fix with the battery that came with the phone.
    True. Most replaceable batteries are cheap enough to not worry about replacing.

Must look into the Dendrite causes.
    You, the entire automotive industry, and over USD10 billion to date. They haven't come close enough to get ideas of what to look for yet.
    05-01-2016 03:43 AM