The Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 says that it works on CDMA bands LTE Bands:B 2/4/5/7/12/17. Does this mean that it will only work on 3G for CDMA in the USA? Or does it not work at all for CDMA in the USA? Or just not 4G LTE? Bottom line is I am looking for a phone that would work on Straight Talk and use verizon towers.

All the reviews make it sound like it will only work on GSM bands in the USA, but it lists as using CDMA bands too. I'm so confused. Thanks for any help that can be given
    08-06-2015 07:14 PM
    I to would like to know the answer to this question as I have been using the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim since it came out on straight talk,but it is nearing the end of its life. I live in the middle of Maine and Verison towers rule here. I'm unsure of buying off from ebay from companies that claim to have rework smartphones to work with straight talk and run on the Verizon towers although there prices are much lower because they are used,but given there 15 point check by there own techs. I just would like the best phone I can get but straight talks selection leaves much to desire. Still putting out phones with android 2.3.6 never to be upgraded or you might find a 4.0 and a whopping 4" screen.So has anyone had good expirences with those eBay described above phones or back to the question about Alcatel one touch idol 3 working on straight talk on the Verizon towers. I don't mean to sound cheap but I'm disabled and only get a certain amount of money each month. Thanks for your time and I hope I get some answers.
    12-04-2015 11:41 PM