Why is battery draining so quickly after my Droid Turbo has spent a month on Lollipop?

A

AC Question

Battery on Droid Turbo is draining in less than a day with little usage. Battery screen states Android OS has highest usage at 10%. Significant change since installing Lollipop. I've tried to Wipe Cache Partition, but can't get past Recovery Mode screen. Two part question: 1) What could possibly be draining the battery so quickly, and 2) How do I get past the recovery screen? I got the android guy on his back and I get to the next screen, but can't navigate once there. Help, please!

Metolius7

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem since Lollipop. My 2-day turbo battery is now about 10 hours. And that's with me frantically disabling apps and locations services, FDRs, cache wiping etc.

I truly hope that someone has an answer or news of a forthcoming mea culpa .dot release of Lollipop..

SouthernblondeLKS

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed a difference in my battery, too. I see a lot more drain (culprit seems to be Google Services and Android OS, and I've seen Google Play Store at the top of the list, too). It's annoying. Hope there's a fix for it. As far as clearing your cache, here's a few links on how to do it on Lollipop (though I think it's for Maxx? I can't remember when you get to the little android logo whether you push the power and the up volume or down volume button. It's one of the two).

http://androidforums.com/threads/lollipop-cache-partition-wipe.926591/

I had a direct link to it on my desktop, but it decided to malfunction, so I don't have that webpage saved anymore.

Edit: I decided to do a cache wipe tonight and tried from memory. Once you get to the android with the exclamation point you hit the power button and the volume up button to get to the screen to choose the cache wipe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown