Sony z3- photos saved on sd card automatically deleted along with apps

A

AC Question

Hi all,

My phone was running great until a few days ago.. I installed the recent android update and suddenly apps which were saved to my SD card have been removed.. (they're on my menu as not found with a generic icon.. It doesn't tell me which apps they are either) and any picture that I take which is automatically saved to my SD card becomes missing once I close the camera.

Hope someone can shed some light on this issue. Luckily I've taken no important pics in the past few days!

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Apps "moved" to the SD card aren't. Parts of them are, but Android still looks for them in internal storage, so there's a link to where the piece is put on the SD card. Update and you lose that information, and Android is looking in internal storage for the app - and can't find it. You'll have to reinstall them. (You'll probably also have to clean up the SD card (see Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card - it'll probably find some 'orphan' files and delete them - those are your apps' pieces). Then move them to the card. In the future restore them to the phone before updating, then move them back. (If you don't have the space on the phone for that, use Helium to back them up (by default it doesn't back up the app, only the date - so make sure you uncheck the "App Data Only" box.) If your phone's not rooted, you'll need to download and run a program on your PC for Helium to run - it's legitimate (I just ran it to get the wording of that checkbox on an unrooted phone). The link will be on the phone's screen until you run the app and the phone is connected to the computer, so you don't have to rush.

2. No idea. It shouldn't happen. But that's why you should have everything important backed up.

gardengal4

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Check that the SD card is mounted. I used to have a similar problem which also started after an Android update. Some never-identified sequence of events unmounts the SD card. It still happens years later once in a great while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38