Hi guys, Im a compulsive rom flasher, and have been flashing a few Lollipop roms of late. but am getting frustrated at the way they seem to start off well, nice and fast etc, but after a week or two, start to show cracks by lagging, slow to load apps and "so and so app has stopped working" op ups!
    I read somewhere that lollipop needs a minimum of 1.5gb of ram to work properly, so this being the case, its not suprising I'm experiencing these probs, as the s3 has only 1gb of ram!
    Im tempted to revert back to a KK rom, but I must admit, I do like the look of lollipop, and the way it works.
    I'm running a rom called DOKDO (android v5.1.1) as we speak, which, as Ive already said, was great to begin with, but is getting the usual probs I mentioned.
    If anyone knows of a brilliant KK 4.4.4 rom, I'll be glad to give it a try.
    I have tried loads, but none have really grabbed me.
    Having said all that, KK roms, by definition should be faster than Lollipop, right?
    08-07-2015 12:02 PM
    LP, up to 5.0.2, has a memory leak, so more and more RAM gets used as the phone is running. Try a speed test when it seems laggy, restart and do another speed test. It'll probably go back to being fast. (5.1 supposedly fixes the leak.)

People want new, they don't care about good any more (3 updates before they fixed a major bug, but new "flash" in each one), so Google evidently lets Marketing set the release dates, rather than letting Engineering let Marketing know when the ROM is ready to be released. Most companies that aren't "pure software" work like that - "it has to be released by X, so make sure it's ready". Software doesn't get done like that. It's like telling a heart surgeon "we'll need this operating room by 2PM, so make sure you're finished with the transplant by then". (If the patient dies, there'll be another patient to work on soon.)
    Laura Knotek and Zigg49 like this.
    08-07-2015 12:51 PM
    Thanks Rukbat for such a speedy reply.
    I hear what you're saying loud and clear. Sadly, this sums up most of present day thinking.
    I notice you're running 4.4.2, which flavour, and would you recommend it?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    P.S....I registered, hence change of name!
    08-07-2015 01:05 PM