what do I do after a claim expires?

A

AC Question

Charger port was not working. Took it to the Verizon store and they told me it could not be repaired. I filed a claim as they recommended. Later that day I found a charger that actually worked. It worked for a whole month! Just as I was going to file another claim I was hospitalized kidney problems which caused several other problems. Needless to say the claim expired. I'm still in the rehab facility( 4 months later) which should be over soon. Before I go home I desperately need this phone. Can you please help? To complicate matters, this phone is in my brother-in-laws name.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have your brother-in-law contact Asurion (I think that's who Verizon uses for insurance) and speak to a supervisor. If he can't get anywhere, have him wait about half an hour and try again (and hope to get another supervisor). Eventually, he'll get someone who will authorize a claim. (I've gotten out-of-warranty phones - that shouldn't have gone bad - replaced by doing it that way.)

Hope you're looking toward a full recovery. It's scary. (I'm down to 30% - but it's up from 20% last year, and I'm 73, so maybe they'll outlast me. But salt? Not even on my skin. And no pork products. I guess I'm a fanatic about those little things in my lower abdomen - kind of difficult to do without them.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge