My phone was in the pool for 15-20 minutes. I took it out, shook it, vacuumed it to get as much water out as possible, and put it in rice for 24 hours. it's not turning on and not charging. when connected to a PC, it says "USB device not recognized", and also the bottom lights are dimly flashing. I'm gonna try another day in rice, and then maybe alcohol treatment, but if nothing works, I just gotta tear it down to get the memory out and figure out a way to copy my files.

Is there a way to get the memory out and read it?
    08-07-2015 05:12 PM
    My phone was in the pool for 15-20 minutes. I took it out, shook it, vacuumed it to get as much water out as possible, and put it in rice for 24 hours.
    Rice has destroyed more phones than landfills have. It's one of the worst things you can do to a wet phone. (Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!.)

I'm gonna try another day in rice, and then maybe alcohol treatment
    Too late for that - you have to get it into alcohol in minutes, not after it's dried out and cause all sorts of shorts and opens.

I just gotta tear it down to get the memory out and figure out a way to copy my files.
    It may be possible if the files are worth enough. Someone can remove the SoC from the phone and put it into a working phone (that requires unsoldering a large chip and resoldering it without damaging anything, and anyone who can do that considers $100/hour chump change) and copying the files from the working phone.

Unless you have the combination to the safe at Fort Knox on that phone, it's probably not worth it. (Buying a new phone will be the cheapest part.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-08-2015 12:49 AM