My friend is looking for a new phone as his old one broke, and this seems like one of the only cheap Verizon compatible phones out there that isn't complete crap. Anyways, what I need to know is whether or not the phone will work on Straight Talk using Verizon towers (this is a must; Verizon is the only carrier that has a decent connection in his area). Also, if it does work, will it have LTE capability?
    08-08-2015 12:24 AM
    He would need the ESN or IMEI of the particular phone (that's how Verizon determines whether they'll allow it on their towers) and go to Straight Talk Compatibility Test to find out. If it's a new phone, bought outright, they probably will.
    08-09-2015 06:19 PM
    My friend is looking for a new phone as his old one broke, and this seems like one of the only cheap Verizon compatible phones out there that isn't complete crap. Anyways, what I need to know is whether or not the phone will work on Straight Talk using Verizon towers (this is a must; Verizon is the only carrier that has a decent connection in his area). Also, if it does work, will it have LTE capability?
    Yes it will. Go to the Moto E 2nd Gen forums. My mom is using the phone on Straight Talk and it works flawlessly. But I had to call Straight Talk and have them set it up.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-09-2015 06:28 PM