I had my phone rooted and wanted to try out some stuff, I, accidentally, permanently deleted the default keyboard on my Sony Experia Tipo (4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich) and I didn't worry at first because I could install another keyboard from the app store. A week later, I wanted the default keyboard back so I factory reset my phone because I thought it would restore everything back from its normal (non-rooted) self.
    Later did I not know that it didn't restore the keyboard and I cannot type anything. To make matters worse I couldn't connect to the WiFi (since I don't have a keyboard) to access the play store. I tried connecting it to my computer to send an apk of a normal keyboard, but I can't since my computer couldn't recognize the device.
    Is there any way?
    08-08-2015 05:35 AM
    Another possibility is if you disable temporarily your WiFi password in your router. Once connected it's very easy to download a keyboard from the Play Store just tapping these options, shop apps - categories - productivity - top free - scroll down and you'll find SwiftKey.
    08-08-2015 08:27 AM
    You can also send a keyboard app from the Play store website to your phone from a PC. If you go to any one of them, say Google's version, click install, you can choose your device, and it will send.
    08-08-2015 09:18 AM