Uninstall Dropbox from my phone?

kittenfuud

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Tmo. S5 running 5.1.1 (not rooted.) I installed the Dropbox app thinking it would be like Google's Music Mgr on the PC, a little transfer app. But nooo! It's taking up way too much space. Deleted Carousel, which I also wrongly thought would be like Mgr.
My Q1: If I delete the Dropbox app, will my photos still be in the DB cloud and on my PCs? I'm pretty sure I can plug my phone into one and have the photos auto-aggregate into the cloud (correct me if I'm wrong!) I need to free up space and every time I take a pic it eats away at it! Any help appreciated, I'm losing my mind here!

Posted via my SGS5 from the Android Central App

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not familiar with any of the galaxies I've only had Android like the Droid Maxx now I got the Droid Maxx turbo from Verizon but as long as you back the photos up before you installed that app I think you can delete it and everything should still be in the cloud but just to be safe before you uninstall outout just back everything up again right now and then uninstall the app and look for a new app that takes up less space and also if you don't have it already you should download cm phone cleaner and booster the app has a little picture have a little problem with the blue handling with yellow bristles just go to your App Store and type in exactly cm phone cleaner and booster it works awesome he even has a battery saver you can remove apps remove junk files boost the phone and has a CPU cooler and it doesn't take up much space at all. I hope this helps you out man if not just call tech support take care

Thank you from Mike Sears

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I posted a reply about Dropbox in your other thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4597088

DO NOT install anything by Cheetah Mobile (CM). Do not install any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, etc. To understand why please, read the links provided in this post. There's a lotta of valuable information available in those links:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid/547286-ram-problems.html#post4524678

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.