Why has my touch screen gone haywire?

A

AC Question

Yesterday my HTC One M8 keyboard began acting funny. As I was typing it would not let me select the s or w keys. I restarted the phone and the problem did not improve I only seemed to make it worse. Eventually the phone began to select the back button or different options on the screen that I had not touched. Currently I cannot get passed the unlock screen because my unlock pattern is not being recognized. I know I am using the correct pattern as I have not changed it for a while. Unfortunately I have the show pattern option off so I cannot tell what is being registered on the screen.

I am now locked out of my phone and it is very important that I have a working phone for my job.

I also have been unable to backup the phone and I would like to avoid performing a factory reset.

The only unusual thing that happened recently with my phone is the day before it started acting up there was some moisture on the case. I didn't think much of it because it didn't seem like a lot, but now I'm not sure how long it had been exposed to the dampness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair