Touch screen not working on screen replaced Samsung s3

A

AC Question

Hiya.
I know this question has been asked before, but I cannot seem to find a conclusive answer online. I took a risk to try to replace the glass on my Samsung S3. I was very careful, taking my time, and didn’t see any mistakes to damage the Digitizer. I cleaned the screen and applied tape to the edges, heating to secure the replacement screen.

Everything looked fine and the screen comes on fine. I turned it on a few times and have the problem that the touch screen does not work. The back button doesn’t light up, but it does work.

There is a small triangle warning symbol in the top corner of the phone.

What have I done wrong and can I fix it?

If I have broken the back button ribbon cable for it not to light up, is there a way to repair it so it will light up again?

I just read somewhere that the touch screen might not work because the screen isn’t touching the LED properly and that is because I should of used adhesive glue and not tape? I didn't see any silicone part in the middle of the screen and digitizer as I just removed the bits of glue (there was no way to save it if there was). The Youtube videos didn't warn me about that part!

Thank you for your advise, I know I took a risk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC